Wednesday, August 29, 2007

First day of School!

Well, it finally came--the first day back to school! I really wasn't sure that I was going to make it. The fighting in our house was more intense this week those last few days be fore school started, but we made it.

The day went really well. Usually there is a little sense of craziness making sure everyone has all that they need for school on the first day, but it really went smoothly. Kenedy and Hallie were the first up at a little bit before 6 am. They had their bed made, were dressed and ready for breakfast by 6:10. It was quite impressive. I think they were really excited. If they could get up on their own like that every day, that would be my dream. I'm sure it won't go quite that well. Haden woke up about 6:45 and got himself ready without a fight. If any of you know Haden, that is quite a miracle. Everyone was kind and loving and they all made it out the door without any fighting. Wow!

After they were off to school, I got myself ready to go to a Mom's back to school party that my good friend Angie threw. It was really fun! There was food to eat and lots of friends to talk and laugh with. There isn't anything much better than that. What a great idea, Angie. Thank you so much.

Anyway, the day went well for all the kids and I enjoyed some alone time with both Lexie and Cooper. I think they must all be tired because they are all sound asleep and not one of them has come out in need of anything.

Hope all of you and your children had a great day as well.

Taylor, I tried to get the book that you love so much, but they don't have it at our library. I think tomorrow I'm going to try a used book store I really love and if it isn't there, then maybe I need to buy it. What do you think? I did, however check out a couple other books the same author wrote to see how they are. It will be fun to read them to the kids.

3 comments:

michelle said...

I linked to your blog thru Donna's. It looks like all of the kiddos are back in school. My kids went back a few weeks ago. It is nice having the days to get things done with less interuptions! :) So fun to go to lunch with friends on the kids first school day.

Jen Childers said...

Yeah...isn't it amazing how less noisy the house is once you get rid of a few? I'm glad everything went smoothly for the first day of school. That party Angie threw was really great!

donna said...

Hey did you see Hallie in the paper today ?

I am so gald the kids had a great day. Emily said that she saw kenedy at school.
Have fun today at the Lunch. So sorry i can't be there with you. Talk to you soon :)