Saturday, July 14, 2007

I can't believe I finally have a blog!

Iwasn't sure I would ever actually get around to setting up a blog, but here I am. It's kind of exciting. It really is a wonderful way to share what's going on with family and friends. So, here goes! We've had a couple of wonderful vacations so far this summer. For our first vacation, I took all the kids to Idaho Falls by myself to visit my family. I was a little nervous about the long drive, but it went really well. Mike and his family were visiting from Chicago, Natalie and her family came down from Boise and of course it's always great to see Rob and Paul. We had a really great time. I don't get to see Mike and his family very often, so I couldn't pass up that opportunity.


















My sweet little Cooper had to get stitches the morning we left for Idaho. Believe it or not, this wasn't the worst that his eye looked.






Dad was trying to get some good pictures of all the kids, but Hannah and Lexie wouldn't cooperate and are not in the picture. Jarrett and Valerie have grown up so much. It was fun to spend some time with them.
















Dad took Kenedy, Hallie and Haden 4-wheeling at the sand dunes and Lexie and Coop got to ride around the yard.



We had a lot of fun at the zoo and the little amusement park they have in IF. We go there every year and the kids never seem to tire of it. It still amazes me that it is the same as when I was a kid.

10 comments:

donna said...

Yahoo ! Welcome to the world of blogging!!!!! I am so happy for you girl.

I love the pictures of the trip. Everyone looks like they had a fun time.

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday my friend. Come on over tonight.:)

Lauralee said...

welcome to the world of blogging! pictures on your first post.. I am impressed.. I didn't figure out how to do that for a long time!

Your trip looks like it was fun- it is always fun to have the kids play with cousins and see family!

Have a great Monday!

JnR said...

What a great first blog! You are going to be a great blogger!!!! Glad you have a wonderful trip. Have an amazing week!

Kristen said...

Welcome! Good job on posting pictures, I think it took me a few weeks to figure out how to do that :) Your trip sounded great!

Marie said...

Welcome to blogging! I found you through Donna's blog.

Your poor little boy! What happened to his eye? OUCH!

Rachel said...

Welcome to the Blogesphere! I'm Donna's sister-in-law (Ryan's sister). Poor little guy and his eye! No fun. I've got three boys and so far, two have had stiches...only a matter of time, I guess. Four wheeling! How fun! I look forward to getting to know you better through your blog! :)

smithfam said...

Welcome to the blogging world! It is very addiciting. It is also fun to meet such great people.
Lools like you had a fun trip. Family trips are the best.

Rebecca said...

Holy Cow! I am so happy that you finally started a blog. What a pleasant surprise!

Jen Childers said...

Yeah...it is a great way to stay in touch with your family! Great pics! Poor Cooper with his eye...what a fun way to start a vacation:)

Natalie said...

Michelle! You have 12 comments on your two posts already. I guess you always were the popular one...