Thursday, October 23, 2008

Scared Cooper

Early this morning at 3:30 am, Cooper woke up crying. He always sleeps through the night, so I was sort of shocked. I went in and got him out of bed and sat with him for awhile, then put him back in bed. About half and hour later, he woke up crying again. Jim went in this time and just held him for a minute and put him back down. Another 5 minutes later, he woke up screaming and Jim said he went in and he was standing in one corner of his crib staring at the opposite corner mumbling something about being scared. Jim said it was sort of weird because he kept looking at the corner and trying to stay as far away from it as he could. Cooper then said something about the night light in the room and wanted Jim to throw it in the garbage. So, Jim did and then brought him into our bed to sleep with us.

Well, I woke up at 6:30 to get Kenedy out of bed and ready for school and Cooper came out of my room a few minutes later. Haden was already up and Cooper started telling him one whopper of a story. He said, "Haden, there were cows and they were climbing in my bed. They climbed in my bed and they tried to scare me. They just kept climbing and climbing and climbing and trying to scare me." Haden just sort of listened and I was so tired, I was laying on the couch listening as well. I really wish I had grabbed the video camera and taped the conversation. Anyway, Cooper all the sudden said, "I hate cows! I hate them!" I almost burst out laughing because it sounded so funny. And then he said, "But Daddy threw them in the garbage." He must have had a bad dream about cows or something because we don't have a stuffed cow anywhere in our house. So, all day we heard about how he is scared of cows, they climb in his bed and try to scare him and he DOES NOT like them.

1 comment:

donna said...

I guess you can never have a pet cow:)
OH remind me to hide our cows the next time Copper comes over. We have a few in our house.