Friday, August 20, 2010

Calvin's 1st Birthday

This is going back in time a little bit, but I have to get updated before I can post my Philly/New York pictures.

My baby Calvin turned 1 on May 27 and I can't believe how fast the time has gone.  I'm not sure I'm ready for him to be so grown up.  He is such a sweet little boy and so easy going.  I was wondering there for awhile if he was going to mellow out a little bit--from about 4 months to 9 months, he barely slept at night.  But, then, he magically began to sleep all night again.  Hooray!  He reminds me a lot of Haden right now.  He doesn't really say anything--in fact, he just started using his voice and making lots of sounds right about when he turned 1.  He did things a little backwards--he was walking pretty proficiently just before 9 months, but didn't wave or jabber at all until about 12 months.  Crazy boy.  As sweet as he is, he has a little bit of the dark side in him.  Anything he can find to dump out, he does it--the smaller the item to be dumped out, the better.  We spend a lot of time cleaning up after Mr. Calvin.  I love my little Calvin.  I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father sent him to our family and that I have the privilege to be his mother.  Happy Birthday my sweet boy!

I was gone on Calvin's actual birthday, so I bought lots of birthday decorations to make up for it--or so Jim says I did because I felt guilty.  Come to think of it, I don't think I decorated quite so much for the other kid's first birthdays.  Shhh!  Don't tell anyone!

Calvin's cute birthday celebration high chair!

Everyone got into the spirit...including Jim

Calvin's favorite treat is definitely ice cream so it seemed appropriate to get him an ice cream cake.

Just testing out the waters.  

Now that I know what it is, I'm all over it.

Calvin opening his present from Lexie.  

I love this shirt.  It's perfect for Calvin because he seems to always be hungry!

1 comment:

Jen Childers said...

Great pics. He is so dang cute!