Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Birthday!

On Wednesday of this week, the 19th, I had my 33rd birthday. My sweet Haden woke up and found me and started singing Happy Birthday to me. All the kids were very sweet to me throughout the day which was the very best birthday present I could have asked for. My wonderful friends Donna, Angie and Rebecca all brought me gifts and Jen took me out to lunch at Bruchi's. Yummy! When Jim got home, he made me a fabulous dinner. We decided to save the official birthday celebration for Friday night when we could go out to dinner with our friends.
So, last night we all went out--Jim and I, Jen and Christopher, Donna and Ryan, and Rebecca and Craig. We went to Fiesta for some delicious Mexican food and then back here for cake. Jim had asked me earlier in the week what I wanted for a cake this year. I told him I really wanted a coconut cake that a sister in our ward made for an Enrichment night earlier this year. It was to die for and I haven't stopped talking about it. I only mentioned it on Monday, so I wasn't sure if he would be able to get it by then. Come to find out, he had called her 3 weeks ago to have her make it for my birthday. I have the best husband in the world. He is very good at taking note of what I really want and doing whatever he can to make it happen. Thanks honey. I love you so much!
After cake, we went downstairs to play a little Singstar--I have fallen in love with these karaoke games that Playstation 2 makes. A new one came out on my birthday--Singstar 80's--and was the perfect gift. So, I thought we should try it out. It was so much fun! I think we ended up singing for about 1 1/2 hours. I really wish I would have video taped some of it, especially Craig singing "We're not gonna take it" by Twisted Sister. It was a riot!

Thanks so much for helping me celebrate my birthday. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends. It makes me look forward to more fun birthdays, even though it means getting older.

4 comments:

donna said...

Last night was a lot of fun. Thanks for not laughing at me , while i tried to sing,

See you in a few hours :)

Rebecca said...

That was a blast. Thanks again for inviting us. Sorry that the after dinner conversation got a little heavy there for a minute(my fault). But thakfully Craig made up for it for me with his oustanding vocal performance.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Jen Childers said...

Thanks for the super fun night. Singstar is definitely a lot of fun1